It's been a very exciting day for us! I had an OB appointment this morning and everything is still looking good- 150 bpm. Then, this evening, David and I went to a place called Small Wonders Imaging. They do elective ultrasounds and tell you the sex of the baby a few weeks earlier than the doctor will. Curiosity got the best of us and we wanted to find out as soon as possible. And...it's a boy!! It was a very neat experience. He was asleep though and not wanting to move around. He had both of his arms behind his head and looked like he was just lounging. The ultrasound tech kept poking him to get him to move. He finally decided he had enough and turned around 180 degrees so that his back was facing us. After more poking, he turned back around. We even saw him yawn, which was very cute. We have several pictures, and I've posted a couple, but they are still the grainy ultrasound pictures so they don't show a whole lot. We're very excited. We both wanted a boy and now that we know what it is, we can start thinking about names, which is fun. And David has a little football buddy on the way. I haven't posted in a while both because I've been very busy but also because it seems like not much has happened. I feel much better and am almost feeling normal. I've almost (but not quite) have a noticeable baby bump. I'm hoping in a few more weeks it will look more like a baby and less like I've been hitting the pizza too much. The baby's about 4 1/2 inches long now and growing fast! I've found a water aerobics class at my gym which I love. It feels great to get in the water and I'm hoping it will relieve some of the discomfort as I get bigger. So far I feel pretty good. Almost to the half-way point too! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
16 weeks
It's been a very exciting day for us! I had an OB appointment this morning and everything is still looking good- 150 bpm. Then, this evening, David and I went to a place called Small Wonders Imaging. They do elective ultrasounds and tell you the sex of the baby a few weeks earlier than the doctor will. Curiosity got the best of us and we wanted to find out as soon as possible. And...it's a boy!! It was a very neat experience. He was asleep though and not wanting to move around. He had both of his arms behind his head and looked like he was just lounging. The ultrasound tech kept poking him to get him to move. He finally decided he had enough and turned around 180 degrees so that his back was facing us. After more poking, he turned back around. We even saw him yawn, which was very cute. We have several pictures, and I've posted a couple, but they are still the grainy ultrasound pictures so they don't show a whole lot. We're very excited. We both wanted a boy and now that we know what it is, we can start thinking about names, which is fun. And David has a little football buddy on the way. I haven't posted in a while both because I've been very busy but also because it seems like not much has happened. I feel much better and am almost feeling normal. I've almost (but not quite) have a noticeable baby bump. I'm hoping in a few more weeks it will look more like a baby and less like I've been hitting the pizza too much. The baby's about 4 1/2 inches long now and growing fast! I've found a water aerobics class at my gym which I love. It feels great to get in the water and I'm hoping it will relieve some of the discomfort as I get bigger. So far I feel pretty good. Almost to the half-way point too! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
soooo what are the holiday plans? Belly comparisons are always fun.
Post a Comment