I'm twenty-one weeks now (on Tuesday I will be twenty-two) and everything is going swimmingly. We had our "big" ultrasound this past week and got a clean bill of health. Everything is as it should be. The little guy was asleep (again!) and they had to shake me to wake him up to get him to move around. Once he was awake though, we got to see some acrobatics. I could even feel some of the movements I was seeing on the screen, which was fun. All of his measurements were great and he is perfectly normal- much to our great relief! We were told that the average weight for a baby at 21 weeks is 10-11 ounces. Our big guy was a whopping 15 ounces, which is a full week ahead of schedule. We're hoping that means he will be ready to come a little bit early! By now he should be more than a full pound and growing quickly.
Perhaps related to his growth spurts, I have been extremely hungry lately. More so than earlier in the pregnancy. I wake up in the middle of the night starving. I haven't yet actually gotten out of bed for food, but that day may not be far off. The baby seems to be pretty active at night too so I wake up several times a night with him kicking and moving around. He's moving a lot more now and it's nice to have the frequent reminders that he's there and doing well.
I'm finally "looking pregnant" and people that did not already know are now asking me about it. It's nice to finally look pregnant rather than like I've just been hitting the buffet a little too much. I'm getting a little uncomfortable sleeping, but nothing too bad yet- I'm sure it gets much worse. The hardest part is now trying to sleep on my side (because I never did before). I'm having some shoulder pain from sleeping on my side all night. I had been a stomach sleeper so it's definitely been an adjustment. My heartburn seems to be getting better, which is making sleeping a lot easier, although I'm sure it will return soon with a vengeance.
David and I had a great vacation going back to Indiana. It's always hard to fit in all we want to do and people we want to see in a short amount of time, but we had fun. I had a wonderful baby shower where I got to see friends I hadn't seen in a while. We got a lot of really cute things for the baby too! We're just now starting to buy baby gear, which is pretty fun (and overwhelming at times).
We're at a really good point right now- everything is going well and I feel pretty good (other than still being tired and hungry a lot). We're also not quite close enough to delivery to be freaking out yet. All is well!
1 comment:
Where is another update? You are onto week 25/26 by now and yet none of us have heard anything. Competition has been born, more competition is baking in the oven, but no updates from you guys?!!?!?! What gives?
Post a Comment