Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still Pregnant


One last belly shot for posterity. This is me last night with a huge baby on board. I had another doctor's appointment this morning and everything still looked pretty good. The baby's heart rate is still up in the 160s so he's pretty happy in there. His head has come down "very low" and the doctor says not too much longer now.

My blood pressure is starting to creep back up there and the swelling is still very bad. The doctor thinks it's just normal end-of-pregnancy symptoms but he's going to watch me a little closer for pre-eclampsia as I get near the end. I'll be going back on Friday instead of waiting until next week so they can check me out again. He told me to start resting as much as possible. Luckily I only have one more day of driving downtown for work then I'll be at home after that. I get antsy very quickly when I'm "resting" but I'm going to do my best.

The baby seems to be very strong and he has been pushing very hard all over- almost like he's trying to make some elbow room. We're telling him that he'll need to come out if he wants to stretch out again, but so far he's undecided. Hopefully soon he'll make a move!

2 comments:

The Schwengels said...

David & Christina!!!

CONGRATS! What a precious big boy! Oh, I'm so happy for you both. Enjoy these first few weeks...they are such a fun adjustment!

Love,
Emily (Seelman) Schwengel

Winter said...

Ouch.. so close, but I beat you out! HA HA HA!