I think he may be cutting some new teeth. I haven't seen him drool this much since last fall. He has also had a runny nose and has been very fussy the last couple of days. It's hard to get a good look inside his mouth but I think I see a couple of little white bumps about to poke through.
One of Will's new favorite activities is picking things up off the floor and handing them to us. This morning he found a small piece of watermelon on the floor and he got really excited and quickly crawled over to hand it to me. Comes in handy! The game is not as fun when he wants to take all of his books off the shelf to hand them to me one by one.
Another one of Will's new skills is stacking blocks. He used to only be interested in knocking things down. Suddenly he was trying to stack blocks and he's getting very good- he can stack 9 or 10 before they fall down.
Finally, he knows what keys are and when we need to use them. Every day we walk to the mailbox (which is around the corner in our neighborhood, not at the end of the driveway). Will rides in his car and I push him. I give him my keys and when we pull up to the mailboxes he tries to stick one of my car keys into one of the keyholes that he can reach. When he realizes the key won't fit, he hands me the keys so I can get the mail from our box, which is up high. I give the keys back and he holds onto them until we get back to our front door. Then I say "Can I have the keys so I can unlock the door?" And without me holding my hand out for them, Will hands me the keys. It's very cute. He seems so smart- we can practically see the wheels turning when he's figuring out something new. He's such a joy to watch!
There are times, however, when he tries to test us. Like in the pictures below. He loves to stand in his little blue chair, which is not allowed. A few weeks ago, I could say "Will, sit down" or "chairs are for sitting" and he would sit. Lately, though, he likes to stand there and smirk at us. This morning I had to take the chair away because he only wanted to stand on it. Needless to say, he wasn't too happy.
A couple of the pictures below are Will "driving" in his car while talking on his "phone" (the case to my glasses). Don't blame me though...I rarely talk on my phone while driving! The other pictures are just Will being goofy. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment