Luke is still as cute as ever. I'm hoping he keeps his gorgeous dark hair! He has a light "angel kiss" birthmark on his forehead. The doctor said it will fade away by age two. In the meantime, I think it's adorable. He has his eyes more open now than he did earlier in the week. His eyes are pretty similar to mine- a blue/gray color (though they look brown in some of these pictures).
Other than the fatigue, we're all doing really well. I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. I'm still a little sore but I'm getting around pretty well. My recovery so far has been wonderfully uneventful- unlike after Will when I had a few different challenges.
Will is doing very well as a big brother. He is occasionally interested in Luke but most often he doesn't pay much attention to him. The only time we have an issue is when Will is tired or upset and he sees me holding Luke. He tries to climb up in my lap even if Luke is there. If Luke is in the way, Will still tries to move in. That's the only real hint of jealousy we've had. The real test will be once the grandparents leave. But for the time being, Will seems to be pretty tolerant of Luke.
Earlier this week, we got a visit from two cousins of Grandpa Crockett- Don and Melissa. Will took a real liking to Don and pulled him down on the ground to play whenever he got the chance. It was very cute. Will also got to go to story time at the library and today he swam in the pool in the back yard. He's been doing a lot of his puzzles and, of course, watching Cars, his favorite movie. He's enjoyed having Daddy home all week and spending time with his grandmothers.
Now that Luke is here, we're starting to plan for our upcoming move. We're in the middle of securing a place to live in Maryland. We'll move to temporary lodging on Lackland AFB the last week of July, which will give us a chance to have the movers pick up our furniture and have the house cleaned, etc, before we move. Then we'll be heading out on our five-day road trip to MD the first week of Aug. It will be a busy summer, to say the least! Right now, though, we're just enjoying Luke and Will and doing our best to plan our move so that things are as easy on us as possible.
1 comment:
Such beautiful boys you have!!! Congrats on baby Luke. I love his hair. =)
Post a Comment