I am now about 11 (almost 12) weeks. I haven't felt as good this week as I did last week but still much better than I did weeks 6-9. I had a pretty stressful few days at work last week and I felt really run down. I don't know if there is any scientific reason for it but I swear the nausea gets worse the more tired I am. I've especially felt very car sick this week which makes my commute even more fun. I caught up on some sleep this weekend so I'm feeling better today. (I didn't miss much sleeping through the Dallas game).
David and I had a pretty fun and relaxing weekend and I had a great birthday. One of the most noticeable symptoms I've had is that I get uncomfortably full much easier than I used to. I guess the progesterone slows down your digestion and food sticks around longer. We had some great food this weekend but I felt sick after almost every meal. Birthday cake was tricky too. I picked out a spice cake, which is very good, but I haven't been able to eat the frosting because it's too sweet. So, Zoe gets my frosting. I guess that's why they tell you to eat a lot of small meals instead of three normal ones. Someday I'll learn.
As for the alien baby, it's about two inches long now and will supposedly grow 1/2 inch per week for the next several weeks. We have the next doctor's appointment a week from this Thursday so we're looking forward to getting the official 12 week clean bill of health. We should be able to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler ultrasound. It was too early to hear it last time but we got to see it on the screen. This time we should be able to hear it.
I've been taking huge horse pills that the doctor gave us at the last appointment. They're supposed to be better than the prenatal vitamins I got over the counter. But, they're a pain to swallow and I have to take them at night because they make me sick when I take them in the morning. But I'm choking them down. I keep telling David I'm going to save some and whenever this kid starts to sass me I'll show him/her the horse pills I took every day so he/she could get a good start in life and I'll lay the guilt on thick. So enough with the back talk. We'll be great parents. I've also cut the consumption of my beloved diet pepsi by about 90%. I really only drink pop in restaurants now. I haven't had so much milk since the 80s. But my real beverage of choice these days is water. I am constantly thirsty and constantly drinking water. That was actually one of the first symptoms I had when I wondered if I might be pregnant- I was way thirstier than I had ever been and I couldn't get enough water. That hasn't changed much yet. It's probably part of the reason I feel so full all the time.
Anyway- I have to get to bed. I have to make it through four more days at work. I'll update this again after we see the doctor next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment