
I'm now about ten weeks and the nausea is finally going away. I actually felt pretty good at work this week- almost normal. I only start feeling nauseous when I get really hungry, usually early in the morning. David and I were up at 7:30 this morning making waffles- much earlier than we usually get up on Saturday mornings. After a rough morning of shopping, I took a two hour nap after lunch, which felt great! I wasn't too tired during the work week but I was definitely very tired today. Luckily it's football season and David is entertained while I'm passed out. I had been having aversions to anything sugary or really sweet (good when I can't eat ice cream but bad when I can't drink OJ or eat fruit). That seems to have subsided a little although I still try to avoid the really sweet stuff.
Both David and I are pretty convinced that we can learn just about anything on the internet and we have a couple of websites that send us daily emails about weekly developments in pregnancy. This picture is supposedly what our alien baby looks like now. The good news is that this week its tail is beginning to go away and it's now officially a "fetus" instead of an "embryo." The bad thing about the internet is that if you're a worrier, for every piece of helpful information you can find way more new things you didn't know you were supposed to think about. I try to take it all with a grain of salt- as you know, any old crazy person can post anything they want on the internet!!
Overall we're doing pretty well. It's a lot easier now that I don't feel so sick. I'm looking forward to hitting the "second trimester" milestone in a couple of weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment