When we got home, I suspected that he may be getting tired but he's been fighting nap time so I wanted to tucker him out some more. So we went to the playground in our neighborhood. Yesterday was the first time I'd taken him there and I was surprised that he was big enough for the swing. He seems pretty stable in it and he enjoys it. He especially likes when I hold onto him and push him really high. When I let go, though, I only let him go a couple of feet at a time so he doesn't laugh as hard but I think he still enjoys it. It actually was lulling him to sleep. By the time I took these pictures, he was starting to get drowsy. Sure enough, when we got home and I put him down, he crashed right away.
As you can see in the pictures below, Will's new thing is to pull himself up on whatever he can find to figure out what's new that he can reach. He's working really hard on reaching doorknobs- they're just out of his reach. He tries to get to things on top of tables and he can even open kitchen drawers above cabinets. He can't yet reach the stuff inside though.
Our biggest challenge during the past week is that Will now refuses to lie still while he's on the changing table. The second I lay him down he flips and tries to crawl off. Changing him on the floor is no better- only gives him more places to squirm to. Changing his diaper and getting him dressed is now a full-on aerobic workout. Just like giving him a bath. He goes back and forth from one end to the other likes he's swimming laps. He's surprisingly hard to catch sometimes. Anyway, I'm running out of tricks to keep him still long enough to change his diaper. He can be quite rambunctious.
The biting seems to have improved. I was only bitten once yesterday. Maybe it's just a short phase. Knock on wood.
No comments:
Post a Comment