Thursday, April 15, 2010

M-I-C-K-E-Y

Will got his Mickey ears today! He is having a Mickey Mouse-themed birthday party in a few weeks and I wanted to get him some ears. They are a little big (I ordered "kid" instead of "infant") but I wanted them to fit him for a while.

Will is doing great! Much better eating more "solids". He has pretty much mastered the Gerber "3rd" foods, which have chunks of meat, vegetables and pasta. He's still a little resistant to table food but we're making progress.

Unfortunately, Will has turned into a bit of a biter. He is biting the furniture and me! I had to get a protective cover for his crib railing because he likes to bite it while he's standing in his crib waiting for me to come get him. There are little teeth marks all over in the wood. I've been bitten on the shoulder, arm, leg, you name it. I have a particularly hard time brushing his teeth because he bites my finger. We have a little fingertip toothbrush designed for babies (along with baby toothpaste that it's ok to swallow). I can hardly get my finger in his mouth and he tries to take it off! It's actually pretty painful. He's got some sharp chompers. I don't know where all of the biting came from but it's not due to lack of food!

In other exciting news, we hit up the mall the other day and got his first official pair of walking shoes. You can see them in a couple of the pictures below. They are very cute Stride Rite shoes that are white, navy and orange. He got very excited trying on shoes and "walking" around the store. He likes to wear them and particularly enjoys kicking things around the house with them.

Still standing and cruising but not walking on his own yet. He is standing up using things other than furniture, like a wall and kitchen cabinets. Still lots of gibberish and no real words. Today he's been making "s" and "t" sounds, which I don't think I've heard him do before.

The weather here has been awful- storms and rain all day for the past week or so. It has cleared up this afternoon, though, so we did get a bike ride and we may go for a walk later as well.

A week from today, Grandma Crockett is coming to visit, then we'll be traveling to Montgomery, AL then Indiana. A lot of excitement!












1 comment:

Erica said...

I was just there, but he looks so much bigger!