His top two teeth are still coming in quickly. He's not too anxious to put them to use though- he has been a little pickier with eating lately. I've tried to give him some new things, like cheese, but he spits them out. He also has put his foot down on some of my meat purees. I tried making him some baby chili (lean sirloin, corn, tomatoes, green pepper) but it did not go over so well. So we're doing a little more Gerber, which is pureed very smoothly. Fruits and veggies he still likes. I made him some homemade applesauce with Granny Smith apples, ricotta cheese, and spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg- and he loves it! The cheese makes it a little richer (and packs in some calcium and calories). Still loves the yogurt too. The only problem...we have to rotate all of this dairy with prunes...if you know what I mean. New on the menu for this week- mangoes! And in the least surprising news ever- we've discovered that he loves Texas Roadhouse rolls! The server gave us too many so I opened one up and tore the soft part into little pieces- he ate it right up! Next step...steaks.
He's also been saying "ma ma" quite regularly! We often play "Me Tarzan, You Jane" when I point to him and say "Will" and point to me and say "mama". He thinks it's hilarious. Hopefully soon he'll learn that I'm "ma ma" and David is "da da." If my conversations with Will are any indication, he'll probably be saying "stop" and "no" before long. I definitely use those two words more than any others. "Stop trying to eat Zoe's food." "No- don't pull my hair." "Stop putting Daddy's shoes in your mouth." "No you can't play with the computers/phones/remote controls." So goes our days.
The weather has been great and we've been doing our walks. Will loves to be outside. We're going to make the most of being outdoors before we get to the 100 degree days they have here in the summers. Not looking forward to that. At least he's old enough for the pool this summer. Although we may have some water safety issues. Will does not seem to be afraid of the water yet. In the bath tub, he has started dipping his entire face into the water while seated. A couple of times, I've had to catch him to prevent him from toppling over and doing a header right into the water. He thinks this is funny too. At first I thought he was trying to drink the water but I think he just likes dipping his face in. Enough to make me super paranoid. Look for locks on all of our toilets coming soon!
I think that's all the news that's fit to print at the moment. More to come later!
No comments:
Post a Comment